tumblr
  • jcolsenjcolsen May 2011
    Anyone using it? Is it recommended? I need to do something about hellojohn.com. The way my blog is now I never update it. I'm more the micro blogger type and WP simply is to much hassle for that as far as I know.

I've been looking into it a little today and it looks nice. I don't fully understand it yet though, and the theming part looks confusing. Anyone have any experience with theming tumblr? If you made a theme for it I'd love to see it.

Also, if you have anything else to suggest besides tumblr I'm all ears :)
  • I have a Tumblog but I'm not using it at the moment. From what I've seen it goes down a lot, like Twitter used to. I know a bunch of people who really like Posterous too.
  • kriegskriegs May 2011
    I don't see the point to use it (for me personally). I signed up and never went back. I have a blog already setup I don't use much.
    Looking into seeing if I can turn WP into an easier way to blog. If not, I'll probably switch to tumblr. Should none of them work out after a while I'll just pull the blog plug for good :P
  • buggzerobuggzero May 2011
    Tumblr is alright. Just kind of a simple combo of a blog and social stuff. Although it seems to be a mainly used as photo/anim-gif/screenshot/video post and reblog group orgy currently.

I keep telling myself "imma customize the shit out of this." But you sort of use a majority of it in the dashboard anyways, so it came a afterthought.
  • kriegskriegs May 2011
    I've thought about maybe killing off my WP install on my site and redirecting to a tumblr based version. It would be nice if my site was to go down, to have something that wasn't. But I suppose that's why I have Twitter/FB/etc. Decisions. Decisions.
    Currently toying with turning WP into tumblr style :P
  • kriegskriegs May 2011
    The more I think about having a subdomain direct to it, the more i like it. I think chances of posts getting shared would be higher there instead of my domain hosted WP. Still pondering :)
    I'm still not 100% decided, but hearing all the downtime complaints etc. I'm currently toying with ideas to simplify the wordpress posting procedure, custom posts etc. This is where I also notice I don't really know shit about programming haha

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Sign In Apply for Membership